Thursday, August 22, 2013

August 21st

Dear Diary,
What is it with Abuja drivers and being the worst drivers in the world? If there was an award for for worst drivers on earth, your guess is as good as mine as to what city would be the repeated winner.

Abuja drivers can drive any sane person mad. I don't know if its the good roads that are to blame, but there is just something about drivers in Abuja that drives fellow road users crazy. I used to think that it was the taxis and buses that were the cause of my road rage, yes I have road rage but I am not proud of it. But with the ban on buses my road rage still remains, so I guess its a joint effort by all drivers in Abuja to see my 'road raging side'.

Sometimes I observe what some drivers do on the road and I wish I had super powers. Guess what my super power would be! It would be the ability to stop any defaulting driver, get him or her out of the car, after some strokes of the cane I would go ahead to teach them the basics about driving. *sigh*

How can you be negotiating a turn without trafficating, come on I am human like you I don't have psychic power, how am I meant to know you are turning off so I can clear and keep moving at the same speed. Instead you make me step on my brakes and then spread my fingers out in a waka while spewing some unlady like words. I can't even begin to talk about the dangerous driving and overtaking we witness on the roads everyday. How can you see a Zebra crossing in front of a school and keep driving like a maniac, driving like you were part of some street race in a residential area!! How can you be on the left end of the highway and suddenly remember two second before that you are meant to be taking the exit on the right?? Beats me all the time. Don't even get me started on the female drivers!! Yeah yeah yeah, I know I am a female driver and I still have my faults and I have a lot to learn. But come on, Abuja female drivers take female driving to another level. Today I sat behind a woman driver that was too scared to cross the road even after the other drivers that were trying to cross stopped to let her pass. Her actions caused one little traffic around that central mosque junction, and suddenly when the road was free she start feeling like a road Jackie Chan and was pulling stunts for us. Makes me wonder who was stupid enough to issue you a driver's licence and put you behind the wheels of a car. *sigh* Make no mistakes there are men that drive like women, seriously!!!! I can't marry a 'male woman driver', he would be too scared to take tough decisions and stand by them --__--.

Sigh, I needed this rant, *turns on ignition and zooms off to the bank*!!

Love always,
Iphie
XoXo

5 comments:

  1. Lol....its good you zoomed off to d bank cos d way we drive here is crazy and doubt if it will change in the near future. Bt am positive u wil find solace zoomin off to d bank, and dat of course wil depend on whether you are smiling TO d bank or smiling FROM the bank#wink#
    Jeremiah O.S

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, hopeful with sincere officers who would uphold the law instead of taking bribe, we would change.

      Delete
  2. I always thought that lagos drivers were the bad eggs,but you make them sound like kids now,well i am looking forward to a visit to abuja to see for myself and hopefully i will have you behind the wheels so i can see first hand how you drive and pass my own judgement...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol I am maniac behind the wheels but I try to be really careful

      Delete
  3. Hmm!the word 'maniac' scares me a lot,but I won't mind getting to see how a maniac behind the wheels look like.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts with me.