Saturday, August 17, 2013

August 17th 2013

Dear Diary,
What is it with Nigerians and cutting the line, or as we like to call it "shunting", hope I got that right.

I was in church today  for confession and there was queue and suddenly this girl walks to the front of the queue and asks the people seated there to make some space for her. We were all too dazed to react, and so they gently shifted and made space for her. And yes I knew she wasn't seated there before, because I looked back when she walked in and I heard when she asked where the confession was taking place.

It got me thinking about how we claim to want things to change yet are so unwilling to change ourselves, how we complain of the same thing we are guilty of, in others. If we can be so, permit me to use corrupt for lack of a better word, in a place that is supposed to be so holy, in a place that we are meant to be at our best behaviour, how then do we expect to change Nigeria?

This reminds me of what I tell my male friends, when a girl really likes you its not the trips to Dubai that counts, its the text message or unexpected calls or visit to see how she is doing that matters the most, the trip to Dubai becomes an extra that she can do without if you can't afford it. Apply this same logic to changing Nigeria, it's not the extraordinary things you can do for Nigeria that matter the most it's the little things you do in an extraordinary way that matter.

We can't expect Nigeria to change except we are willing to change ourselves. Be the change Nigeria needs today.

Love always,
Iphie.
XoXo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts with me.