Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 19th

Dear Diary,
What is it with Nigerian girls and making every guy in their life their bank?
I was speaking with someone recently, let's call her Candie. Candie is new in town, so she needs a lot of things since she has no family here. She needs a house and need to get the house furnished, she also need a car to get her around the city, without the hassle of hoping from taxi to bus. Understandable needs if you ask me.

My only problem with her is her means of getting the money to carter to all these her needs. Each time we speak, the only thing that comes out of her mouth is how she needed to ask this guy for money and how she needs to beg another one for money to do all these things. She always has gist of which married man she is hooking up with for money and who just dashed her money without touching her just because she is the 'most beautiful girl on earth'.

I am not one to judge oh, but making a man your bank can't earn you any respect now can it. I believe taking money from guys or even asking them for money brings about serious see finish. I am a very proud person so I hate giving people avenues to insult me. Money is the greatest 'bringer' of see finish, if you think I am lying take money from a man and and see if he doesn't suddenly feel like he owns you?

When I was in school, my motto used to be 'if my father cannot get it for me then I don't need', this by implication meant that there was no need to get from any man. I guess now that I am going into the world of workers, my motto has to change, I guess it would read something like this 'Iphie Love, if your salary cannot get it for you then you don't need it'.

I strongly believe that men and women are equal, and so no one should claim exclusive rights to paying for a date. If I go out on a date with a guy, I always make sure I have enough money to cover the date, but most importantly I make sure we go to a place I know I can afford, like i said, I hate insults, I also hate being disgraced. But that doesn't mean I am not a romantic oh, before you guys would come and start using this against me whenever we go on a date. I don't mind paying for the date, but you can step in and say 'don't worry, I would get this one'. But from time to time let me pay for the date, I don't want to start feeling like a burden. My sisters, hard work pays and there is this confidence you get from spending the money you worked hard for.

Dear girls, the only man that should be your bank is your father!!

Love always,
Iphie
Xoxo

1 comment:

  1. Dis piece cud b titled "synopsis of d bringer of see finish"...lol in theory all humans r equal bt in reality its different. But equality is different from respectin d dignity of d human person. D theme of ur piece if explained frm a "broad" perspective is d key to a harmonious and smooth relationship btw men and women, however if viewed frm a strict 'i dont want to be insulted' perspective the clash of egos is inevitable and therefore d major source of conflict btw women and men. Nice piece.
    Jeremiah Oyibo Sunday

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading, please share your thoughts with me.